Organizational Summary: Find Your Power (FYP), is a startup nonprofit organization whose purpose is to empower underrepresented women in developing countries by connecting them with resources and opportunity. This is done primarily through a resource and information sharing website, and secondarily by increasing internet usage, employing local women and establishing strategic partnerships.
Mission statement: to connect underrepresented women worldwide to resources for education, advocacy, community, and employment.
Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Community Development
Category: Intern/Volunteer Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Marketing/Social Media Hours: 8-12 hours per week
Find Your Power (FYP) is currently looking for an individual to join a small but extremely productive staff as a Social Media & Marketing Intern. This position is well-suited for someone skilled in building engaged communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube. Interns will need to maintain the company’s presence on various social media platforms, create and publish content relevant to market base. The position will be a great introduction to the entire process of social media marketing, communications, and development with a lot of variety and flexibility.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on social media strategy
- Develop communications strategy for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Convert communications strategy to actionable items to timeline
- Create content and schedule postings across social media platforms
- Manage and monitor social media channels in real-time
- Work collaboratively to identify new opportunities for social media
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing audience and increase the impressions on potential audience
- Support other marketing initiatives, including but not limited to campaign planning, internal database management, email marketing campaigns, audience engagement, and more.
- Execute social media marketing communications campaigns
- Use analytics to report on reach and engagement
- Increase Find Your Power’s following and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube by creating a consistent, engaging brand
- Create social media content calendars and opportunities for engagement
- Other marketing and outreach duties as assigned
- Currently has or is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Advertising & Promotions, Marketing or related field
- Understands best practices of audience engagement, social media marketing strategy and reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas verbally, in written and video formats
- Have knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight and take initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proper grammar and spelling
- Proficiency in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Analytics or other analytics software
- Positive, creative attitude
- Enjoy working on a team, but able to work remotely and still meet deadlines
What FYP Provides:
- Experience building a non-profit organization from the ground up
- Academic course credit
- Resume and cover letter review and interview counseling
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Reference letter upon successful completion of internship
Additional Info: Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to empower women, work with an international team, and to learn more about international nonprofits. Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a developing country would be especially fitting. Students seeking course credit for their internship are encouraged to apply.
Location and Hours:
- May work from home but required to attend a weekly virtual meeting and possibly others, as necessary.
- Must be reachable/able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- The needs of this position are estimated to be 8-12 hours per week, but will vary depending on the individual’s schedule and availability, and our needs.
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
How to apply: To apply, please email resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com