Find Your Power (FYP), is a startup nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower underrepresented women worldwide by expanding their access to fundamental resources and the Internet.
Category: Unpaid Internship Activity Area: Human Resources
Hours: 8- 12 hours per week Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Primary Duties: As FYP’s Human Resource intern, you will be responsible for recruiting, screening, hiring, and onboarding all intern and volunteer applicants. You will also have the opportunity to develop and implement intern learning and team-building initiatives.
- Write or edit job descriptions for open positions and post job openings on a variety of platforms.
- Facilitate recruitment of high-quality candidates, schedule interviews, and assist in the selection of new volunteers and interns.
- Onboard new interns and volunteers.
- Facilitate learning and development initiatives.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Possess or currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, or a related field.
- Internally motivated and flexible.
- Experience in recruitment and hiring preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including comfort engaging with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience or education in human resource law and best practices preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of FYP.
What FYP Provides:
- Experience building a non-profit organization from the ground up
- Resume and cover letter review and interview counseling
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Reference letter upon successful completion of internship
- Academic course credit
- Opportunity to expand outside your specified work area(s)
Additional Info: Students seeking course credit for their internship are encouraged to apply. Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to empower women, work with an international team, and to learn more about international nonprofits. Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a developing country would be especially fitting.
Location and Hours:
- May work from home but required to attend a weekly meeting and possibly others, as neccesary
- Must be able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours will vary depending on an individual’s schedule and availability.
- Average weekly hours 12-15, vary depending on intern
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
To apply: Email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
About Find Your Power
Find Your Power (FYP), is a startup nonprofit organization whose purpose is to empower underrepresented women in developing countries by connecting them with resources and opportunity. This is done primarily through a resource and information sharing website, and secondarily by increasing internet usage, engaging local women and establishing strategic partnerships. Initially efforts will be focused in South Africa and will eventually expand to other developing countries.