Marketers work to increase agency policies in force by contacting potential prospects via telephone. Using scripts, marketers contact and inform prospects of the company’s products or services for the purpose of securing sales appointments for agents or agency producers. Marketers are responsible for tracking marketing methods used and outcomes. This role is entry-level with hourly pay + bonuses. We pride ourselves on providing career growth and advancement for all employees.
Duties including but not limited to:
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to secure appointments for agent/producer follow up
- Obtain prospect information such as name, address, and payment method, and current insurance and risk information
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts
- Maintain records of contacts and activity
- Schedule appointments for agent/producer to meet with prospective customers
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that persuade potential prospects to meet with agent/producer with the intent to purchase insurance products
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Business Results – Ability to meet individual performance, metrics and goals.
- Drive and Productivity – Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Innovation – Accept innovation and improvement recommendations
- Communication – Acceptable verbal communication skills.
- Team Work– Accept feedback when offered and work well with others
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Four-year college degree highly preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience highly preferred. Ideal candidate will have basic
- PC skills, basic math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This position may require having the flexibility to work nonstandard hours/shifts and having the ability to adhere to a structured schedule.