Under the direction of the director/supervisor the social worker provides discharge planning tools coordinating resources, and seamless transitions of care to families, individuals and groups. The social Worker complies with required standards for medical/legal responsibilities, and serves as a resource to other allied and administrative staff within the Section of Social Work and the Department of Nursing.
- Continuously improves processes and services that support patient care, education, and research.
- Fosters teamwork, personal responsibility, integrity, innovation, trust, and communication.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Maintains and enhances professional/competency skills.
- Performs a psychosocial assessment that reflects knowledge of illness and psychosocial issues.
- Functions with supervisor to provide counseling to individuals, families, and groups to alleviate emotional distress, and facilitate adaptive behavior.
- Social worker with current Minnesota licensure at the LSW level.
- Requires a Bachelor’s level degree in social work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
- Licensure at the LSW level from the Minnesota Board of Social Work or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Strong human relation skills are needed to interact with patients, patient’s family members, consultants, residents, hospital personnel, community agencies, and other resources.
- Must also have the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Three to five years previous work experience in the clinical setting.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.