Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recruit new Exploration High School students through door knocking and canvassing (going to community centers, teen library areas, parks, gyms, etc.), building relationships, and supporting events
- Respond to student and parent questions and concerns, and direct them to other staff when appropriate
- If bilingual, support both English, Spanish-speaking, and/or Somali-speaking families and community members
As an outreach team member, this individual will be required to work outdoors and walk large areas while adhering to Department of Health COVID guidelines, such as wearing a mask and maintaining physical distance. This person must be able to perform these physical tasks and maintain a positive composure when engaging potential families.
- Outstanding skills in relationship building, oral communication, connecting to youth, and problem solving
- Preferably fluent in Spanish or Somali
- Belief in Exploration High School’s mission
- Canvassing experience a plus
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community a plus, particularly in North, Northeast, and Southeast Minneapolis
Interested candidates should begin the process by applying here in Handshake or sending a letter of interest (no more than one page) and resume to School Director Dave Heighington at
$10/hour + $8 bonus payment for each verified student lead. Required training hours will be paid.
Hours are flexible, with a potential to work upwards of 15 hours each week. Schedule to be decided weekly. All hours worked will be supervised by the Outreach Coordinator and be approved in advance. Position to start ASAP.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
Exploration High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.