Home Care Director
Episcopal Homes of MN is seeking an experienced, creative and outgoing person to lead an innovative home care organization a growing agency now serving over 100 clients. For 125 years Episcopal Homes has been a respected local leader in senior living. Today we offer Senior Apartments, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Care to over 500 elders on a beautiful campus in the Midway area of St. Paul. The selected leader will also lead an exciting new innovative home care program called NeighborCare. If you love to provision of home and community based services this is a unique opportunity. To learn more see us at: episcopalhomes.org.
Some benefits you’ll experience by joining our team:
- Long-term stability of leadership.
- A focus on innovation and excellence
- A large campus with a dynamic independent living community
- An emphasis wellness and the arts
- Onsite daycare
- Professional development, scholarships and opportunities for career advancement
- Generous Health & Dental Insurance Package Options
- Paid time off & eight paid holidays
- Extended Illness Bank
- Employer-matched retirement savings program
- We offer an on-site fitness center, pool and Life+ programs available to staff
- Our bistro serves Caribou Coffee. Enjoy a beautiful atrium by the courtyard on your break.
- Two unique care centers built around the concept of creating a home-like atmosphere.
- Staffing levels significantly above average Ranked 5 stars by federal and state agencies.
- Easy access on freeways and roads from all sides of the city.
- A small community feel in a unique urban setting on St. Paul’s Green Line.
Job Summary: The Home Care Director of Nursing provides overall management and leadership at our home care program. This includes: administration and delegation of duties, coordinating staff work, strategic planning and implementation of plans, home care organization planning, quality assurance, and improvement and compliance activities. Some of the duties include direct patient care, care planning and assessment, implementing and maintaining administrative policies. The Director is expected to be a positive and active communicator to clients, families, staff and the markets we serve. Episcopal Homes strives to support, educate and retain high quality staff and through a management team that is encouraging and appreciative. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company. Experience with applicable government agencies and various payer types is required.
- Home Care Director provides explanation of services to potential residents, families and referrals.
- Gathers relevant information to assess needs and care plan for prospective clients.
- Maintains necessary documentation for each client in accordance with State and Federal Regulations.
- Follows through delegating to staff needed services in plan of care.
- Coordinates with the resident, the responsible person, the county caseworker and others as necessary.
- Maintains positive relationships with residents, their families, and housing & home care staff.
- Is responsible for investigating and reporting incidents of suspected resident neglect and/or abuse and reporting these findings to appropriate county officials.
- Meets monthly with residents and staff.
- Carries a cell phone for emergencies and be on call rotationally.
Minimum Qualifications: RN, current registration with the State of Minnesota. Previous experience with Home Care leadership or related field.
Preferred Qualifications: BSN Degree, RN training and experience in assisted living & housing or other related field.
Episcopal Homes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, national origin, age disability or protected Veteran status. Episcopal Homes will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.