Egan Company is looking for a Human Resources Intern at our corporate headquarters located in Brooklyn Park, MN.
The Human Resources Intern is responsible for assisting the HR Department with tasks and projects related to delivering a high performing HR function and serving Egan employees. The Human Resources Intern will work closely with HR team members to assist in the administration of company programs and procedures across the company such as benefits, talent acquisition, new hire orientation and onboarding, and community events. We’re looking for motivated students searching for an entry-level internship in Human Resources.
The responsibilities of the Human Resources Intern include but are not limited to the following:
- Work alongside HR team members to observe, learn, and do!
- Coordinate and conduct new-hire orientation for union employees.
- Get involved with recruiting activities, including scheduling and conducting interviews.
- Assist with coordination of community and employee events.
- Coordinate drug tests and background checks.
- Help the HR Department go paperless by converting paper personnel files to electronic files.
- Assist with content development for training initiatives, including designing classroom and online training.
- Be an important part of the Human Resources team to help support all Egan employees.
- Enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program (business, HR, communications) by June 1, 2021. Freshman/Sophomore students are encouraged to apply!
- 3.0 GPA or higher given priority consideration.
- High level of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated leadership focus with the ability to drive results.
- Ability to be creative and flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated and supported interest in human resources.
- Possess a team-player attitude and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to write clearly for different audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Performance of duties will mostly be in the office, with the possibility for remote work 1-2 days per week. Visits to job sites as needed.
From general contractors and architects to building owners and facility engineers, Egan collaborates throughout the entire construction or project process with the shared goal of maintaining best-in-class relationships with our internal teams, customers, and business partners. At approximately 1,000 employees occupying our offices and worksites, we aim to ensure every project is done with quality craftsmanship, integrity, and an aggressive commitment to safety. In fact, we’re proud to be recently recognized as one of America’s Safest Companies.
Why do our employees choose Egan Company? Watch this quick 2 minute video to learn more!
Egan Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, familial status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Application Instructions and Employment Practices
We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should email email@example.com.