Ebenezer Care Center is part of a full continuum of care campus including Transitional Care, Long Term Care, Adult Day, Assisted Living and Independent Living. We are located in the heart of Minneapolis, conveniently located along the many bus routes. We serve a VERY diverse and cultured population among not only our residents but staff as well.
We are seeking a Nursing Assistant/Registered (CNA, NAR) to support our residents in our Skilled Nursing Facility. This role is responsible for providing hands on care and support services for our senior residents. We have full and part time opportunities available.
- Assists resident based on individual care plan with personal cares such as; bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, toileting, dressing, showers and responds to call lights
- Under direction of Nurse provides; glucose monitoring, medication administration, temperatures, and blood pressure
- Nursing Assistant may per community patient care model check and record vitals
- AM/PM cares; including peri care and catheter care
- May turn, lift or transfer residents with or without other persons/mechanical assistance
- Observes residents and reports status to appropriate staff in a clear and concise manner
- Chart or document in electronic medical record system
- Seeks to resolve resident and family concerns
- Receives and gives report to appropriate staff during various times in work shift Other duties such as; order and cleanliness in rooms and work areas, reports malfunctioning equipment to maintenance department, and answers phones in a timely manner
- Current MN Nursing Assistant Certification – completed formal course through a Vocational/Technical Training or Associates program
- Must be active on MN Nursing Assistant registry or prior to start date
- Ability to work with a diverse population and teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with empathy and compassion for others
- If Certification not active on the Minnesota Registry currently, it must be obtained within 4 months of employment