At Dependable, we live and work our core values:
Act as Community Connectors
Be good ambassadors
Always be people centered
If you have similar values, just apply now!
At Dependable, it’s our goal to provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to thrive. It’s innate in all of us to want to belong and function as an independent person. We teach and support people to be connected to others by modeling healthy relationships and effective communication skills and promote independence by improving skills and fostering growth.
DHHC looking for Qualified Professional (QP) to direct the overall operation of services in an assigned caseload in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures, current applicable federal, state, local standards, guidelines, regulations and as directed by the Executive Director. In your position you are assigned the authority, responsibility and sole accountability to carry out your duties during normal and unusual operating conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures the development and continuance of operations within assigned caseload.
- Assures the execution of the referral process and service formation.
- Assures the execution of admissions, terminations, closings, transfers, and program planning processes.
- Assures the management and delivery of all contracted services and coordination.
- Contributes to the development of and assures the administration of all policy, procedure and record keeping systems related to service operations, program development, and public relations.
- Maintains and manages relations with other persons from the service system to a beneficial outcome.
- Assures compliance with all applicable State and Federal rules governing service delivery including, but not limited to The Vulnerable Adult act, 245A, MHCP, PCA program requirements, and 245C.
- Represents the organization in the community and with professional societies, agencies, and any other persons who come into contact with this organization in a professional manner.
- Participates and conducts continued planning for the assigned caseload, consumer services department and the organization.
- Ensures the evolution of services in accordance with organizational goals.
- Cooperates in a continuing process of obtaining and implementing best practices, state-of-the-art principles, and technologies that may enhance services.
SUPERVISION AND COMMUNICATION:
- Assures the planning for and management of Personal Care Assistants
- Directly supervises and assures the completion of the duties and responsibilities of the Personal Care Assistant Staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities or related conditions sufficient to obtain a rating of Qualified Mental Retardation Professional; one year experience in the provision of Individual Service Plan and behavior management to persons with developmental disabilities; a proven ability to coordinate the delivery of habilitation services to adults with developmental disabilities; a proven ability to develop measurable, data based habilitation plans; a proven ability to supervise others in a human services related field.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a level that meets the performance requirements; or must be able to communicate in the language spoken by the individual with developmental disabilities at a level that meets the performance requirements; whichever is deemed more important by the company.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to meet licensing requirements of the Stat and County.
- Ability to maintain good employee relations and morale.
- Willingness to take initiative and adapt to circumstances.
- Ability to develop and maintain professionally appropriate therapeutic relationships with each individual with developmental disabilities and the individual with developmental disabilities’ family; ability to maintain positive working relations with staff and other related persons to ensure services are delivered in a smooth and effective manner.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a positive demeanor.
- Ability to follow daily routines while allowing for flexibility and planning creative alternatives.
- Ability to implement any therapeutic interventions as required.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings and with a variety of level of personal care needs without direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively use a calculator, household appliances, smoke alarms, etc. with training.
- Ability to accept and incorporate new methods into existing practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in a professional category (human services field). One year of experience in the provision of habilitation services and behavioral management to individuals with developmental disabilities. A proven ability to develop measurable, data based habilitation plans. Two year of supervisory experience in a human services related field.
Knowledge of SLS, in-home and foster care services, as well as residential services for those with other specialized needs including, physical disabilities, aging, and traumatic brain injury.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions, imposed deadlines and frequent problem solving activities.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset individual with developmental disabilities, staff, family members, visitors and personnel from other agencies.
- May be exposed to a variety of conditions, infectious diseases, odors, dust, etc. throughout the working hours.
- Assures the effective coordination with all other departments towards the goal of efficient and effective operations.
- Assures the effective management of the department’s professional consultants, within the caseload.
- Develops and maintains internal working relations with other departments and between caseload personnel and other departments.
- Maintains an employee culture that is in the best interest of the caseload, the department, and the organization.
- Participates in intra-departmental activities as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer or those inter-departmental activities as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Assures the planning, coordination, and execution of all licensing functions within the caseload, except those which have expressly been assigned to other parties.
- Ensures the management and execution of the caseload’s quality assurance via satisfaction surveys.
- Directly performs audits on program service and personnel requirements.
- Assures the development, maintenance, security and privacy of consumer records.
- Contributes to the development of and the administration of all policy, procedure, record keeping systems related to internal auditing, consumer satisfaction, vulnerable adult and maltreatment of minors, and consumer records.
FINANCIAL AND LEGAL SYSTEMS:
- Participates with the Chief Operating Officer and the Contract Manager in the negotiations of all service contracts, renewals and changes.
- Cooperates with the Finance and Support Services Departments in the procuring and maintenance of physical sites and equipment.
- Cooperates with Chief Operating Officer and the organization’s attorney as necessary in all legal matters related to the caseload’s services or personnel.
RULE AND REGULATION COMPLIANCE:
- Completes all the applications, documents, transactions or reports required for licensing to be done, including site visits, inspections and submissions.
- Creates an informal system of self-auditing and reporting for managers and supervisors at all levels and plans, creates, implements a formal system of quality control auditing and reporting.
- Manages the organization’s procedures for vulnerability and mandated reporting.
- Acts as the organization’s expert resource on VA/VC issues, activities, investigations and assures that all requirements are met and maintained.
- Sets up, administers and coordinates all policy, procedure and record keeping systems related to obtaining new licensing, internal audits, service satisfaction functions, Human Rights Committee functions, Vulnerable Adult/Child reporting and follow along and consumer record systems and storage.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Regularly travels in the community, drives a vehicle and transports individual with developmental disabilities and will be asked to your own vehicle (with paid mileage).
- Is subject to flexible hours, including split shifts or varied days and times including mornings, afternoons, and evenings, holidays, weekends and overnights depending on coverage needs.
- Works in a variety of settings inside and outside the home, respite houses and throughout the community.
- Work locations may vary according to the needs of the company and staffing requirements. May be assigned to work sites throughout the various counties contracted for services with the company, including reassignment to a different shift when the scheduled shift has been cancelled.
- May be subject to physically aggressive individual with developmental disabilities and may be required to participate in a behavioral restraint.
- May be exposed to animals, including but not limited to dogs, cats, pet rodents, birds or pet reptiles.
- Carries and responds to a pager during designated hours.
- Is subject to a dress code of business casual dress during working hours.
- Sits, stands, walks, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Lifting/transferring requirements vary based on assigned caseload.
- Ability to master the use of all physical intervention and assistance techniques, including exempt and controlled procedures, necessary to meet the needs of assigned individual with developmental disabilities.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetic services that will enable these senses to function adequately.
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Possess good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Ability to lift and transfer people as needed.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.