Direct Support Professional (DSP) Edina
At Dependable, we live and work our core values:
- Be Kind
- Be Innovative
- Act as Community Connectors
- Be good ambassadors
- Always be people centered
If you have similar values, just apply now!
At Dependable, it’s our goal to provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to thrive. It’s innate in all of us to want to belong and function as an independent person. We teach and support people to be connected to others by modeling healthy relationships and effective communication skills and promote independence by improving skills and fostering growth.
Dependable, along with Allie and her family, are looking for the right Direct Support Professional (DSP) staff to support Allie in her own home in Edina. Allie will have a 24 hour plan for support, for some of which Direct Support Professional (DSP) staff will be responsible to provide. At this time, the selected (DSP) staff will have choice of what part they commit to, see below:
P2: Fri 3p-10p, Sat 8a-10p, Sun 8a-10p (30 hours/ week – FT)
P3: Friday 10p-8a, Sat/Sun 10p-8a (30 hours/ week – FT)
The people in Allie’s life describe her as dedicated, outgoing, fun, and loving. Her family is very important to her, and she likes doing things for others. She is an avid artist and enjoys crafting pieces for others to display. Allie is very athletic and loves to stay busy and trying new things. Playing competitive hockey is a big part of her life, but also loves being a spectator at sporting events. Her routine is very important to her, but she is also willing to modifying her routine with enough notice to make room for any new activities that pique her interest.
Allie is well known as a hard worker and is extremely proud to be a part of her team in the kitchen at Walker Methodist. Allie is looking for someone to share her home with that is interested in helping her learn to expand on her culinary skills, as well as join in with some of her current routine.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a Department of Human Services background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strength in flexibility and problem solving
- Applicants must have a passion for helping the individuals we support by helping them feel happy, successful, and safe in their lives.
- Previous experience as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) is welcomed, but not required
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.