We seek an intern who will play an active role in the drafting grant applications, developing relationships with local foundations, and assisting with other writing projects. Intern will be responsible for researching and writing grants, assisting the Executive Director to connect to local foundations, and working with staff and other interns on other fundraising and development projects.
- Collaborate with staff on grants strategy, content, and timeline.
- Work collaboratively to identify existing resources and funding avenues.
- Based on strategy; assist staff with grants research, drafting, and submission.
- Other duties as needed for the operations of the organization.
- Learn to utilize Cultivate’s tools and resources to accomplish the job – Trello, Slack, Zoho CRM, Zoho Surveys, Foundations Online, GrantStation, and others as needed.
- Currently has or is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as research experience.
- Experience with persuasive writing is a plus.
- Have knowledge and understanding of nonprofit grant writing, or have a vested interest in growing in this field.
- Minimum of 5 hours per week, more available if desired.