We seek an intern who will play an active role in the communications & marketing for Cultivate. This internship will focus on developing and implementing strategies to maintain and build strong networks with Cultivate donors, followers, and others connected to us. The intern will also be responsible for prepping newsletters, social media posts, blogs, updating & developing marketing materials, and pursuing other avenues to raise awareness across the Twin Cities and internationally for Cultivate.
- Collaborate with staff and other interns on communications and marketing strategy, content, and timeline.
- Learn best practices for nonprofit marketing & communications.
- Learn to use Cultivate’s branding appropriately, along with our core values and principles, in all communications that are produced.
- Drafting and scheduling weekly social media posts.
- Prepping and sending newsletters and other email updates.
- Prepping and posting blogs.
- Ongoing marketing efforts to potential partnerships for the organization.
- Assist Cultivate trainees with marketing & communications as needed.
- Oversee the collection and use of impact stories from Cultivate trainees.
- Monitor and implement strategies for growth on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Other duties as needed for the operations of the organization.
- Learn to utilize Cultivate’s tools and resources to accomplish the job – Trello, Slack, Zoho CRM, Later, Zoho Social, Canva, Zoho Surveys, and others as needed.
- Currently has or is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Creativity is a plus!
- Have knowledge and understanding of communications or marketing, or have a vested interest in growing in this field.
- Minimum of 5 hours per week, more available if desired.