Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Gymnastics Coordinator will enhance the quality of life for all residents and foster individual and community in all aspects of physical, mental, social and environmental through recreational opportunities.
Assist in developing, administering and conducting a comprehensive developmental gymnastic
programs in a safe environment for Plymouth residents of all ages. This position will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with recreation programs and special events including but not limited to: supervising, training and hiring staff, and providing onsite assistance. Programs may include: gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, special events, and others as needed.
This position is responsible for supervision, training and coordination of comprehensive gymnastic programming. This is a year-round part-time position that includes evening and weekend hours. Average weekly hours vary approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Interacts with others in a manner that is professional and inspires open communication.
- Helps to create and maintain a respectful workplace culture and champions diversity and inclusion.
- Participates in citywide training designed to strengthen competencies in areas such as collaboration, communication, leadership, decision-making and problem solving.
- Provides exceptional customer service to Plymouth residents, business owners, vendors and visitors.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of – and respect for – the diversity of the community, co-workers, and supervisors, including individuals with disabilities or individuals whose first language may not be English
General Recreation Programming
Assists in planning, designing, initiating and supervising recreation programs, activities and services that provide high quality leisure opportunities for all segments of Plymouth’s population. Frequently analyzes and evaluates recreational opportunities to ensure that we are effectively meeting the needs and interests of our constituents.
- Proposes, designs, implements new programs, initiatives and events.
- Supervises assigned programs.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and service quality to ensure outcomes are met.
- Implements program modifications to enhance the service and/or ensure quality experiences.
- Works cooperatively with department staff, city staff, schools and other agencies to establish innovative joint partnerships, creative recreation programs and entrepreneurial services.
- Distributes, inventories and maintains recreation program supplies and equipment.
Responds to public inquiries and communicates departmental procedures, programs and other necessary information in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Ensures that program information is publicized and promoted effectively.
- Makes program operational decisions in a timely manner (i.e. cancellations, class size adjustments).
- Handles complaints and inquiries in a courteous, polite and professional manner.
Under the direction of the recreation supervisor, records data for a variety of reports or as directed for correspondence and documentation to ensure data driven quality programs and services.
- Collects and organizes data from programs, researches trends and potential opportunities
- Conducts staff orientation, training, and evaluates staff performance based on policies and procedures
- Works with the Recreation Supervisor to collaborate with local business and deliver sponsorship opportunities or donation requests
- Assists in the recruitment, hiring, and supervising of temporary staff.
- Responsible for implementing individual program budgets.
- Monitors monthly budget reports and recommends necessary adjustments to meet program goals.
- Maintains necessary records, statistics and reports to track and document budget status.
Assists with other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be a current student of or have a degree in Parks, Recreation and Leisure studies, Education or related field.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be available weekday evenings and Saturdays.
- Two years of gymnastics coaching experience
- One year of experience supervising staff and gymnastics programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 2 years set up and tear down of gymnastic specific equipment
- 2-3 years of experience with the following:
- Planning and implementing training schedules for staff
- Developing schedules for staff and programs
- Leading recreation programs
- CPR and First Aid Certification