The primary purpose of the Engineering Intern position is to assist with municipal public works projects and other tasks under the direction of a Public Works Manager.
This position is open until filled. The first review of applications will be on Monday, December 21, 2020.
- Assists with survey work and construction staking.
- Inspects construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Perform traffic counts and assist with traffic data as assigned by the Traffic Engineer
- Prepares estimates of construction costs.
- Assists with computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Keeps supervisor promptly informed of significant developments in areas of accountability.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Currently enrolled in college with a major in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- A valid Class D Minnesota driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Basic knowledge of construction survey techniques and standards.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D