NATURE OF WORK:
The City of Brainerd is currently accepting applications for a Police Intern. This is an entry-level, non-sworn, uniformed position. Primary duties will be performing police related support functions as assigned including monitoring city parks for security, parking enforcement, performing delivery and retrieval duties, building and grounds maintenance as well as other duties when assigned or necessary.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Enforce animal control and parking ordinances
- Patrol assigned parks and other areas by vehicle and/or on foot; monitor for security and safety hazards and takes appropriate action
- Assist police personnel with work orders on police vehicles, driving police vehicles to servicing destination
- Perform delivery and retrieval duties associated with packages, evidence, council packets, forfeited items, court documents, and other deliveries and retrievals
- Valid MN driver’s license
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public; communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Experience working in a Police Department is desired
- Experience working with animals is desired
- First Responder or other medical emergency training is desired
- One year or more of public contact or customer service experience
- Preference will be given to those who qualify for the Sourcewell Internship Program
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Starting wage is $16 per hour. Work hours are predominantly Monday through Friday, day shift, with some weekend events and other special details that require evening hours. As a part-time position, this is a non-benefit earning position.
APPLICATIONS: We encourage applicants to submit applications online at the City of Brainerd website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the first review of applications will occur on Monday, March 6, 2023.
Applications are available on the City website: www.ci.brainerd.mn.us
Or contact: Kris Schubert, HR Director
City of Brainerd, 501 Laurel Street, Brainerd MN 56401
Phone: (218) 828-2307 Fax: (218) 828-2316
THE CITY OF BRAINERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
* Pursuant to MN Statute, seasonal assignments are limited to 67 working days per calendar year or 100 working days per calendar year if the employees are under the age of 22, are full-time students enrolled in a nonprofit or public educational institution prior to being hired by the employer, and have indicated, either in an application for employment or by being enrolled at an educational institution for the next academic year or term, an intention to continue as students during or after their temporary employment.