Children’s Respiratory is hiring a medical scribe to work with three pediatric pulmonologists. This person will gain excellent insight into outpatient medicine and have the opportunity to form meaningful relationships with prominent physicians.
When not in clinic, this role will assist in analyzing outcome measures for several established clinical programs. There are additional opportunities to work closely with physicians on special projects. This diverse position is a great opportunity for new or soon-to-be graduates exploring the healthcare field and looking to gain professional experience and connections.
· Basic understanding of medical terminology
· Ability to retain verbal information and to work quickly and quietly
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Situational awareness, anticipatory thinking, taking initiative without clear direction
· Reliable transportation to various clinic locations
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Aptitude to schedule, organize, and manage physician’s day-to-day and ongoing tasks
· Ability to be a flexible team player on an interdisciplinary team
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Excellent time management, organization, and task-prioritization skills
· Self-motivated and ability to work independently
· Bachelor’s degree in a science related field
· Previous healthcare experience
· Anatomy, physiology, and/or medical terminology courses
· Previous research, project design and/or statistical experience
· Experience with database entry or tasks requiring a high attention to detail and accuracy
As a part of our team, you will be given the opportunity to have a firsthand view of the health care system and all the components that make it run smoothly. You will work daily with nurses and providers to provide families with wonderful patient care in a friendly environment, gaining valuable medical knowledge and clinic experience along the way.
Our ideal candidate: a recent or soon-to-be college graduate on a medical school trajectory looking to gain real world experience within a thriving medical practice.
This is a 1-2-year position with a start date in late February 2021. Position will phase-in from part-time training (up to 20 hours per week) to a full-time, benefit eligible workload (no more than 40 hours per week) beginning May 2021. Primary service location is our Minneapolis office. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. No weekends or evenings.
If you are interested in joining our staff, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday, December 9th.