About this Job
CDS Mission: CDS is an independent, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the oral health of children from families with low incomes by providing accessible treatment and education in our diverse community since 1919.
- Assist in the dental treatment of patients to include seating patients, providing dentist with instruments and equipment; charting examination and treatment results on patient’s dental record. Provide culturally competent care to diverse patients.
- Clean, sterilize and assemble instruments, supplies and equipment required for specific dental procedures.
- Take, develop and mount intra and extra oral radiographs using film and take digital radiographs.
- Record treatment results on patient’s dental record; instruct patients in the care of teeth and appliances; provide instructional materials as required.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, greet patients/families and process dental records as required.
- Provide oral health instruction.
- Help families without insurance apply for public assistance programs and refer them to CDS’ sliding scale discount program.
- Deliver and set up equipment and supplies at the various work sites around the Southwestern MN area.
- Perform outreach and/or oral health presentations in the Southwestern MN community and surrounding area: attend school-sponsored events, health or community fairs, or other events.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires the ability to assist a dentist in examining and treating patients generally acquired through completion of an approved dental assistant course, but this is not a requirement.
Fluency in English required.
Bilingual in Spanish, Somali, Oromo, or Hmong is a plus.
Comfort or experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
Ability to lift 50 to 80 pounds helpful.
Work requires travel to various clinical locations within the Southwestern MN region.
Great opportunity to grow with a fast-paced non-profit organization. Excellent preparation for career or further education in public or community health. If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: Sarah Wovcha, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org ) Erianna Reyelts, Assistant Director (email@example.com)
Additional contact information:
*Telephone: 612-746-1530 x 204 *Fax: 612-746-1531
*Paper mail: attn: Sarah Wovcha
Children’s Dental Services
636 Broadway St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
About Children’s Dental Services
Children’s Dental Services (CDS) is an independent, non-profit agency dedicated to improving
the oral health of children from families with low incomes by providing accessible treatment and
education in our diverse Minnesota community since 1919. CDS provides care to children up to
26 and to pregnant women.