Boyum Barenscheer is accepting applications from ambitious, number loving individuals seeking an internship during the 2022 busy season. The position is open to current students looking to explore the world of public accounting, who thrive in a collaborative and curious environment. The internship runs from January through mid-April.
Purpose: The goal of an internship in public accounting is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in public accounting.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Prepare individual and small business tax returns to meet government requirements and deadlines and client expectations
• Prepare payroll tax returns to ensure compliance
• Respond orally and in writing to various tax inquiries from internal staff
• Maintain working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
• Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position and client expectations
• Develop an understanding of audit processes, perform analytical reviews and audit procedures, review client accounting and gain an understanding of our client’s internal controls
• Execute reviewed and compiled financial statements.
• Assist with or prepare financial statements and other related reports
• Current or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in public accounting
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Boyum Barenscheer’s Bloomington office is in a suburban setting just off the freeway near the Mall of America. We are also near light rail stations, the airport and the Minnesota River Valley. Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org