** This ten-week paid internship can be located in Chicago, IL or Richardson, TX. **Responsibilities
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for actively participating in an Internship program that leverages your skills, knowledge and capabilities supporting the Infrastructure team in IT while exposing you to different methodologies and tools. This role will assist with applying emerging technologies to assist with developing best-in-class systems and solutions for our clients and members. Working closely with cross-functional teams in both our business and technical areas, the Infrastructure Intern is responsible for learning specific aspects of the processes, programs, and technology. Additional project support, administrative tasks, and ad hoc requests to support business needs.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned
- responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Create a final internship PowerPoint presentation to share with department leadership covering the internship experience, the assigned project over the course of the summer, including the results along with any solutions or recommendations that can be leveraged by the department in the future.
What Will The Infrastructure Intern Get To Learn?
- How to create, drive and deliver entry level IT infrastructure initiatives
- Review infrastructure play books and suggest modifications
- Gain a basic understanding of infrastructure processes
- Work on basic troubleshooting
- Understand the specific tools used by Infrastructure teams
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Prior related technical internship or work experience is a plus
- Interest or experience with IT systems, platforms or tools is a plus (operating systems, network, IT peripherals, etc.)
- Volunteerism or leadership experience is a plus
- Involvement in IT related Associations/Organizations or participation in relevant technical competitions is a plus
- Eagerness to learn, grow and contribute
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with a continuous improvement mindset and an ability to grasp new and unfamiliar concepts
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and support multiple projects
- Practical, developed PC skills, especially Office 365 and virtual team collaboration tools (MS Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other related technical degree
- Graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (currently, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT or other sponsoring work visas for these roles)
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real-world hands-on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don’t think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway – you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.