About Blue Cross
At Blue Cross, we understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy — at a company that shares your values. We’ve made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you’ll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
Learn how comprehensive medication management services are provided within government and commercial programs at a health plan. Support comprehensive medication management services under the supervision of a pharmacist. Participate in pharmacy related Star Ratings and quality initiative planning, implementation, and assessment.
Hours: This is a part time, but year-long internship. The position will be 8 to 16 hours per week (weekday or weekend availability), with the ability to increase up to 20 hours during summer and winter break. Flexible working time and working remotely are available.
A Day in the Life:
- Schedule patients for comprehensive medication management services by conducting outreach to members.
- Prepare charting prior to comprehensive medication management service, such as entering medications into Epic.
- Discuss medication therapy problems with our pharmacists.
- Support specialized projects that impact Star Ratings and quality measures to optimize medication therapy.
Nice to Have:
- 3.0 or above GPA.
- Currently enrollment in a 4-year accredited academic institution. Completed first year of pharmacy coursework.
- Application knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate to all levels.
- Organizational – ability to gather, categorize and prioritize information and support a variety of projects.
- Previous pharmacy experience helpful but not necessary.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- College student or recent college graduate.
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.