We are currently looking to hire a well-versed, socially conscious, self-motivated, and organized intern for Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer.
At Black Women Speak, we value the following redeeming qualities…
- Passionate (it is not a job, it is a lifestyle)
- Creative (ability to think outside of the box when problems arise)
- Ideation (ability to brainstorm ideas on the spot)
- Open-minded (able to consider other points of view without judgment)
- Confident (Belief in your own abilities)
- Team Player (Understand that you have all of the support you need and you also need to support others)
Applicants must be at least first-year students in college and over the age of 18.
- Organized and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- An Intermediate operator of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Able to contribute to and guide the social media presence of Black Woman Speak (ensuring a positive and consistent online presence)
- Able to commit to a schedule for regular post and social media activity
- Building relationships and rapport with black organizations and target audience
- Attract and encourage readers with frequent posts
- Establishing dates and times to interact with followers through Live video sessions and promotions.
- Help with the set-up and breakdown of events
- The ideal candidate will have experience growing social media accounts
- Overseeing the development of social media campaigns to help build the company brand
- The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of copywriting, design, photography, videography, and positioning. Strong knowledge of design (understanding how to create visually appealing graphics and coordinate them with appropriate posts is a must)
- A strong written communicator
We are prioritizing candidates with a desire to empower black women, work with a team of black women from all nations, and to learn more about community-focused nonprofits.
Location and Hours:
The position will be primarily remote, so you can work from home. Length of service, 3 to 6 months in the fall, spring, or summer (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
- Must be able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
- The needs of this position will be 5-12 hours per week, hours will vary depending on the individual’s schedule and availability