The Program Coordinator adheres appropriately to the chain-of-command and works in coordination with the Manager to supervise staff. A 4-year degree in a related field is required.
· Oversees and assists in quality of all resident interactions in the department.
· Provides a good role model for staff while working in the department.
· Oversees medication administration in the department and administers when scheduled.
· Oversees discipline/restraint are administered safely, with minimum intrusion and assures necessary documentation is completed.
· Safely performs 2-person transfers of non-ambulatory resident(s) when needed.
· Oversees that lifts/transfers of non-ambulatory resident(s) are performed safely by trained staff.
· Schedules medical, dental, and other appointments (with RN) and provides staff coverage to meet scheduled appointments.
· Informs parent/guardian of medical concerns and upcoming appointments..
· Works with Office Manager to oversee client funds, making sure all transactions are documented appropriately.
STAFF INTERACTION/STAFF SUPERVISION:
· Screens applicants, conducts tours, and interviews as support to Human Resources Coordinator on an ongoing basis to provide necessary department coverage.
· Orients and trains new staff in use of PDTR, Communication Book, Weeklies and all aspects of residential life on a continuing basis.
· Provides instruction and modeling, in procedures, programs, policies, philosophies and interprets when needed.
· Reviews assignments at start of shift so each staff member is aware of responsibilities.
· Maintains work schedule and coverage of needs.
· Reviews timecards and prepares them for the Office Manager at the end of each pay period.
· Assists in planning and facilitating monthly department meetings.
· Maintains open lines of communication with department staff and attends to staff concerns on a timely basis.
· Assumes the responsibility to take immediate action and communicates these issues to the Manager as appropriate.
· Participates in planning and providing performance evaluations for all Living Skills Instructors for the department.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/PROGRAM MONITORING:
· Provides training, feedback, and supervision of residents’ programs and behaviors to maintain staff consistency and recognize signs/trends indicative of problems.
· Offers suggestions to Program Manager for program change, when requested in preparation for Inter-Disciplinary Team meetings.
· Mails necessary materials to members of IDT, such as new programs and quarterly/annual reports.
· Participates in assigned meetings and offers suggestions on program and daily schedules.
· Maintains records, forms, etc. accurately and on up-to-date basis as assigned by Manager.
· Oversees adequate data collection during shift and consistency in data collection within shift and processes data as assigned by Manager.
· Enters program data in computer and prepares data for weekly reviews.
· Available at all times during shift to handle emergencies which occur within the department.
· Is on call as a resource for questions/issues/crisis at all times (excluding days off).
· Notifies appropriate others as needed on shift and fills shifts in emergency situations. Follows up on emergency situations as needed (documentation, arranges staffing for extra days, etc.).
· Administers first aid or CPR, as needed.
· Coordinates emergency situations as they arise (fire, health, dental, weather, other).
· Reports problems during shift to Program Manager or Person-in-Charge as appropriate.
· Serves as Person-in-Charge when assigned.
· Accepts supervision and instructions from Program Manager and Executive Director.
· Makes effective use of administrative support within Alternatives.
LIAISONS WITH COMMUNITY, PARENTS, OUTSIDE RESOURCES:
· Assigns staff to accompany residents to appointments/activities.
· Makes suggestions and assists residents in participating in community activities.
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
· Reports any security/safety needs and concerns to Program Manager and Person-in-Charge.
· Inspects the physical environment regularly for safety considerations and reports to appropriate others.
· Oversees and assures that assignments for necessary food preparation, housekeeping, kitchen cleanup, laundry, etc. have been made for shift.
· Follows and models established sanitation/infection control procedures, prepares food in accordance with relevant regulations and diet plans.
· Recognizes and initiates housekeeping actions, appropriately communications maintenance needs.
KEEPING UP-TO-DATE AND ENHANCING EXPERTISE:
· Is knowledgeable about Alternatives practices, policies, and philosophy.
· Participates in regular inservice training programs, both in-house and outside workshops and seminars.
· Participates in continued education through Alternatives’ Institute.