Come and work for a company that the Star Tribune listed among both the 2021 and 2022 standard setters for Top Workplaces! The passion and purpose of the people that make up the Accra Team is what makes us a special place to work.
Our team members are our greatest resource and at Accra each employee can bring their whole self to work. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to an equitable approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement at all levels within our departments, programs, and worksites.
About This Role:
The DEI Intern will play a key role in driving DEI at Accra by working closely with the DEI Lead on all DEI initiatives.
- Working towards a degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Minority Studies, or other related programs.
- Demonstrate empathy and sensitivity around complex DEI topics.
- Effectively prioritize projects and manage own time with limited oversight.
- Be passionate about DEI.
- Have communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to communicate challenging concepts both in-person, over the phone, and in electronic communication.
- Must pass a background study with the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation to use for work driving purposes.
- Research best practices and help inform initiatives.
- Attend and participate in all DEI meetings and activities.
- Provide key administrative and clerical support such as preparing meeting agendas, sending out meeting minutes, and reminders.
- Attend DEI sponsored events both internally and externally.
- Create and post for internal DEI content.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Accra will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Accra does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military service, union membership, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status with regards to public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.